Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ask the Marks without the Billdozer???


I disagree with the opinions of host Jimmy James and the newly debuted Scootch from their most recent segment on Ask The Marks. It’s reasons like this why I should be the sole host of this part of the show. I bring the fire that burns the wood baby! I’m just kidding, Jimmy James did a great job filling in for me as I was at the Garden watching the Bruins lose in pathetic fashion.

Back to the heart of the matter, I want to hit on their comments on C.M. Punk cashing in the “Money In The Bank” title shot after defeating Edge with the GTS. What I loved about this was that it allowed for some intrigue for the live audience and those watching on television. We now know that Punk was going to cash in his title shot and he was “this close” to being a world champion again…until Umaga crashed the party.

WWE found a means to have the Punker cash in, without cashing in. The live crowd got the ultimate tease, thinking they were going to see a title change. Instead we got the attack, which sets up a fresh matchup for both Punk and Umaga. Hopefully, they deliver because there is plenty of opportunities on Friday Night Smackdown with the kings of the roost being all over Monday Night Raw (i.e. HHH, Orton, Cena, Batista, etc.). The live crowd may have been let down with the attack, but they were sent home happy with Jeff Hardy attacking Edge to close the show.

I’m now on watch to see when C.M. Punk cashes in his title shot; will he do it in front of the hometown masses in Chicago? Not sure, but the countdown is on and hopefully Punk solidifies his standing at the top of Smackdown!

Right now, what show excites you more? I love seeing the best performer of the last year (Chris Jericho), the biggest heel (Edge), the true top babyface (Jeff Hardy) and other stars that are ready for a turn at the top (Umaga, Punk, and Mysterio). Even better, we don’t have Triple H or John Cena to hog up the entire spotlight. Would any of these guys swap places with Mr. Kennedy or MVP on Monday Night Raw? Skeptical.

The Undertaker may be a tired act for some (myself included most of the time!) but after seeing what he did with Shawn Michaels, I can’t wait for a big matchup that’s waiting between him and Chris Jericho. Smackdown is getting me excited with these possibilities, and therein includes my issues with how Wrestlemania turned out. For the most part, the title matchups had a “we’ve seen it before” attitude. Now Smackdown can pick two names out a hat, and I’ll probably be more excited than anything Raw can dish out. We’ll have to wait a few years for the Ted DiBiase’s to take over.

-The Billdozer

No comments:

Post a Comment